Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'll huff and I'll puff........





....you'll NEVER blow THIS house down! Yeah baby. Mi casa is absolutely fine. Stood there and took the best that a Cat. 3 hurricane can bring. Lost a tree and a ceiling fan but that's it. Power went out at 1 AM on Thursday morning and didn't come back until yesterday AM. Argh. No power, no water, no woman, no cry! Dipping a bucket in the cistern to get water for showering. Got to a point where I could take a shower with just a plant watering can of water.

Actually we got lucky. The storm was moving so fast that it was only here for an hour or so. Around 3 AM it got BAD! By 6:30 in the morning I was walking the dogs and checking out the damage. Bankie lost his boat bar. Found it at the Great House. Smokey's got trashed. Cap got it the worst. Meads Bay pretty bad too. Sandy Ground was a trip. About 10 boats washed up on shore. People scratching their heads trying to figure out how to get them back in the water. One thing I noticed is the wind blew so hard it blew the green right off the leaves on the trees. I'm sure in the next week or so, they will all fall off and we'll have leaves everywhere. Good for the compost heap. Speaking of compost, many thanks to Don for his tips.

The cafe is maybe set back a week or so. No damage there but the carpenters had no power to build cabinets etc.

Many thanks to all concerned. Your thoughts were much appreciated.

No comments: