Sunday, November 2, 2008

Season Opener

Did someone turn on a light? Weird, yesterday I walked Mead's Bay and there wasn't a soul on it. Today.....umbrellas like mushrooms have sprouted, heads are bobbing in the water like flotsam (or is it jetsam), lily white body's turning tomato red on the beach. It's like the tourists dropped out of the sky. The locals all have their incredibly white smiles on their faces, and all seems normal on the island. It's amazing how much the country relies on tourism.

The cafe, alas, has taken another slight setback. Seems a government official went off island without turning in the required paperwork for the electric company to put in a meter for me. So, I sit patiently as we wait for him to return, inspect, and turn in the paperwork to get us going. May be a blessing in disguise as some great friends from the states are coming down to celebrate her 50th,and I'll have time to spend with them. Obviously I won't mention names in case she is freaking out about it. Also, NC is coming down for a much needed rest. He is always welcome here and makes himself right at home. Always good to have friends.

No comments: