After over a year of planning and it's come down to this. Tomorrow is the big day. I can't believe all the last minute details that need to be ironed out. You'd think with all this time to prepare, it would be easy. But......all the food has to be prepped, all the dishes cleaned, shelves hung, coffee roasted, grinded, brewed. And on and on. I could never have asked for better mentors then J&C. They have taken me under their wing and taught me so much already with lot's more to learn. I think they like that I'm a rookie so they have someone to mess with. C's latest menu says, "The Cafe at Veya, featuring the caffeinated stylings of Neal Kahn." I feel like a lounge act!!
Put in my 12 hours today and still have about 2 more to go. Excited. Nervous. Anxious. Worried. Happy. Most of all, looking forward to the start of a new adventure and the end of my old life as I know it. What a life it's been, too. All the different jobs, places, people, ups, downs. Can't wait to see what the next 50 or so years brings. And can't thank everyone enough for the support and encouragement they have given me on this latest adventure. Wishin' my Dad were around to be part of this one, but I know he's watching, smiling, and keeping an eye on my so I don't screw up too bad.
Stay tuned for pics and opening day highlights.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Good luck tomorrow and for the forseeable future. You deserve the best. Happy Thanksgiving.
Hey man, I wish Dad were around too, but i can guarantee you this, he's plenty proud of you now (I am) and when he takes a break from golf, he'll want all of his friends to come see what you've accomplished. Very cool, very exciting, hopefully I am there at least a little in spirit. Congrats- big congrats. C
Hey Baby... Congratulations! I am so proud of you. What a long drawn out project it has been. You worked hard, stuck in there and now it is real. I am confident you will enjoy the new adventure and be successful. Can't wait to get back home to see you and sample the menu. Love and Kisses. C
Post a Comment