Thursday, October 2, 2008

Health Care

Wow. What is wrong with the States health care system? At the risk of sounding like Michael Moore, something is fishy. So here's the story. Cindy is down helping with the cafe, one night, she slipped and fell pretty hard. Hard enough that she felt like she should go to the hospital as her foot may have been broken. The foot was all colors of the rainbow by that time. Going to the hospital anywhere is a daunting experience but going to a hospital in a foreign country is downright scary. Off we go though. Get to the hospital front door where the security guard is kind enough to get us a wheelchair since she couldn't walk at this time. Only problem is, the hospital is not handicap accessible. Not easy trying to get one of those wheelchairs up a step and through a door that has about an inch to spare on either side. We get her checked in, sent down to xrays, where we had to bump and drag our wheelchair down about 3 steps, off to see the doc to read the xrays, (not broken), bandaged up, and sent home with a 5 day of supply of non narcotic drugs, (shit). Bottom line-105 bucks!! Oh, by the way, that's EC bucks, which translates to about 40 US dollars. So, back to my original question, what is wrong with the States health care system?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so it is 2 months later, and my foot is much better. Yes, it did hurt!! Actually, the Anguillian Health care system came through for me when I needed it. I am much more confident in their system now, than prior to experiencing it first hand. Hopefully, neither I nor, anyone else close to me will be needing it for anything more than a sprain foot. Neal was an absolute doll taking care of me. I truly appreciate his care and bedside manner. I love you, Sweetie. You were there when I needed you.