Saturday, September 20, 2008

October 1st?

It looks like it's going to happen! It seems like it took such a long time to get to where we are now, but everything is coming together like crazy here. Electric is all in, plastering is done, painting will be done on Monday, and then equipment goes in. Since I can't do the plastering or the electric, I've been selected, (by me of course), to dig the trench for the final electric connection. Geez, I'm not 18 anymore. After about an hour, I'm beat, but I keep moving on and slowly but surely I'm getting there. Thank god for Aleve and other forms of self medication. Last night was a 1/2 bottle of Tequila. (much thanks to Don and Mary Sue for bringing it). I highly recommend it for a bad back. Once the equipment is in, I can start filling it in with decor etc. Probably head over to the nearest island to pick up last minute decor things. Knick knacks and such, but Christian has a lot of stuff to choose from so we won't need much. Carrie is working on food costs and next week we will be pricing the menu. Speaking of menu. Besides the usual specialty coffees, pastry's and such, the following is a rough draft. Whatya think? I hope it gets your mouth watering. Mmmmmm.

Soups
• Cuban black bean
• Indian spiced pea soup
• Icy cold gazpacho

Rotisserie Chicken
Half or whole
• Jerk
• Herb-garlic
• Curry
• Barbeque

Salads
Platter (choose 2-3) or by the pound
• Chicken
• Shrimp
• Sweet potato
• Asian cole slaw
• Curried pasta salad
• Fresh fruit
• Gazpacho-chunks of tomato, cucumber, onion in a spicy basil vinaigrette
• Grilled vegetables

Panini
• Rotisserie chicken, smoked gouda, tarragon mayonnaise
• Mushroom, grilled vegetables, mozzarella, pesto
• Thin sliced ham, swiss, tomato, mustard

Gelato
• Choose from 6 flavors

Looking forward to any suggestions on the menu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee good thing your Sweetie is there to help you paint, island shop for decor items and such. Good Luck with your open date and get some rest.