Sunday, September 7, 2008
Never the same
Another Sunday where you never know what to expect. I've come to expect the unexpected on Sundays. You just never know how the day is going to go. Walked the dogs early so I could get to Island Harbor by 8:30 for spear fishing. Hung out waiting but I guess Lans decided not to go. Typical island thing but I wanted to go for a drive anyway. Used a borrowed car to get there,when I realized they weren't coming I went to start the car but nothing. Hitch hiked to Kerry's house to pick up my car (that's another story, why my car was at Kerry's). Had a great coffee with Jackie/Kerry and got to spend some much needed time with the kids. From there it was a nice leisurely drive home. Spent a few hours trimming yard. Zoe stopped by to pay me and gave me the latest coconut telegraph news that the Vet has left the island for good and Amy, the vet tech has quit. Yikes. Hope these dogs don't get sick!! A little relaxation and then headed over to Kenia's to work on the doors for cafe. First off, we had to go into the King's house. Wow. What a trip. I thought I was Chevy Chase going into Bill Murray's pad in Caddyshack. "Sit anywhere." "Uh, no, that's okay, I think I'll stand." Anyway, back to work. What a sweet job. Hanging out under the shade tree, heating up steel until it's maliable enough and voila, like Superman, bending it with my bare hands. Very empowering!! Just another day in paradise. Gonna go pinch myself now at this vida loca dream I'm living.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment