Did I say on an earlier post that we would be open October 1st? Silly me. I meant November 1st! All is going well, but decided to wait until everything is completely done before trying to open. Have tweaked the menu somewhat and looking forward to some dry runs soon. Getting food costs is incredibly fun. Carrie decides on what salads to put together, makes up a huge batch of it, then calls us over for lunch. Whoever is around gets a free lunch, we get feedback, tweak the salads some more,and we get food costs. Tough job but someone has to do it. Just waiting on the deck to get finished, overhang, cabinets, some stuff from SXM and we're ready to go! Can't wait, but I realize my fun is over and I'm going to be working long hours. Actually, I guess my fun is just starting!!
So Omar is bearing down on us. This one came up fast. Yesterday it was not even a blip on the screen and now it is looking like a possible cat 2 by the time it hits. More tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment