Friday, May 7, 2010

Molting

What a ride it's been and now it's time for the adventure to move to a different setting.

Got on the ferry heading for St. Marten. I realized when I got to St. Marten, that during the entire ride I never, not once, looked back. Really made me think. Not looking back. And as each mile went past me, I felt like I was losing my old skin and starting a new one.

It was a wonderful 3-1/2 years in Anguilla, but I had lost myself. My identity. My me. My laughter, my smile. It's all back in spades.

Landed in Chicago and was right in the hustle and bustle of ORD, when I realized that the hustle and bustle was flowing around me. I wasn't part of it. What a nice feeling and I have to thank my time in Anguilla for how relaxed I am. How I learned what respect is. Patience. Understanding. And above all, I finally and truly found what love is. Special thanks to C for that. You will always be in my heart.

So, now I'm in Tucson with a grin on my face that just won't go away. The smells, the clear blue skies, the dryness, the soft breeze, and most of all the friends. Everyone seems genuinely happy to see me and the feeling is mutual. I thank you all for making me feel so special.

Stay tuned for the new adventures to come. I cannot wait and every day is a new beginning, new adventure, new friends. Thank God I'm alive, healthy, and happy. There are always people less fortunate then us. My thoughts and prayers to you S. C is a fighter and she'll beat this thing.

Love to you all.

1 comment:

Jada said...

So touching. The times visiting you in Anguilla were some of the best of my life -- for many reasons!! Hope we can all be back there together some day : )