Monday, May 31, 2010

Bolder Boulder



10K. No problem. Although I did it walking. It's a blast though. You can't help but get swept up in the crowd mentality, the music, the people dancing, the goof balls dressing up in everything from Santa to Elvis. Just a gentle walk thought the streets. I"m hooked!! So then you come up the final hill, which leads to the CU football stadium, you walk in through the field gate and there are literally 40,000 fans cheering, waving, high fiveing. I walked around the entire track to the finish line with goosebumps, waving up at the crowd like I was someone. And at that time, I really did feel like a star. Now I know how sports figures feel when they come into a stadium. Very heady stuff.

Off to the join the people in the stadium to help root on the people following. Then after about a 30 minute wait, the REAL runners come in. Shit, it took me over an hour and a half to do the thing and these guys are running 10K in under 30 minutes. The Ethiopian team comes into the stadium at the same time and running three abreast and hand in hand run around the track and finish tied for first!! Now that's a team!! The place went bonkers.

Then to top it off, parachute guys come down out of the sky and and in the middle of the field, each one carrying a different flag representing the different military services, and finally a huge American flag. I'm awestruck........but wait.....a lightning bolt goes off in my head. I look over a Jess and say, oh shit, I forgot it was Memorial Day. I thought all this was going on because of the 10K. Duh!! At least Jess sets me straight at how happy she is that she is the only one that heard that lame comment. I redeem my self by suggesting "let's get a drink"!!

Man, this place just keeps getting better. Already met some cool new people. Lot of brainiacs here. I'll bullshit my way around and they'll think I am too!! Shhh. Nobody tell them.

I'm still looking for a place to live. Not as easy as I thought since most places don't become available until August 1st for CU. Fingers crossed!!

Oh, yeah, the battery died on my camera otherwise there would have been a lot more pics. Next year!!

No comments: