Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Island Fever

Well, the small island finally got to me. Happens to everyone eventually. I just HAD to get off!!! So off I went. Spent an incredible day and night in SXM to start the trip. One of those nights that you never forget. Or I won't at least. Meeting a best friend to start the "Neal Reunites with Friends and Family" tour was the way to go and put me in the right frame of mind for the rest of the journey. Was still recovering from that when I found myself in SF. Sans luggage. Both physically and metaphorically. Nothing like being in SF in shorts and a tee shirt. Brrr. Hooked up with friends for golf, food and most importantly, plenty of laughs. Also spent some time with Deanna, Tim and the kids. I feel 20 years younger after seeing those guys. Proud as a peacock at how wonderful that family is.

Seeing old friends and family has a way of getting us all back to our roots. Off to Tucson Looking forward to more laughs, stories, and fun. However, I really did leave my heart in SF and have decided that if I ever get island fever permanently, that SF might be the cure.

No comments: