Today is the last day in my house of over 20 years. Have decided to sell the place. No real reason to keep it anymore. Not too smart of me huh? Why didn't I think of this a couple years ago when it was worth a hell of a lot more then now.
What a lot of memories. This place was originally bought as a fixer upper. Who knew that over 20 years later, I would still be in it. Thanksgiving parties, NYE parties, tequila shots, the deck, ahhhh, the deck, walking the dogs in the neighborhood, roof blowing off....twice, family, friends, sleeping outside on the deck, the new front yard complete with waterfall, sunsets, moonrise, city lights, storms, Mando and Mandito, xmas with the Mexicans, romantic times, sad times. I appreciate every one of you that has been through the doors of this house. Your spirit lives on in this house and has made it home for me. God I'm gonna miss this place. But it's on to new adventures!!!
Tucson has been wonderful. To see all old friends has been a real salve for this island boy. I have friends in Anguilla, but nothing compares to friends of over 20 years. It's not true that you can't go back home. You certainly can.
Next stop, Denver!! Family, hugs, tears, laughter. Can not wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment