What a wild ride it's been. Life continues to amaze me with the sheer beauty around us and the fun that can be had.
Started the day out yesterday with a long bike ride to get the ole bones loose. From there a short drive up to Ned where I am learning horsemanship. What the hell is that?, is what I ask and you probably did too. Basically, I am learning about horses as animals, friends, and very large pets! They definitely have their own personalities and it's fun trying to figure them out. We all know where a dog likes to be scratched? Behind the ears, maybe the butt. But... where do you scratch a horse! (Not easy to use the word but twice in a row) And how do you know when he's happy? At least a dog wags his tail. When a horse wags his tail, it's cuz he's swattin' flies. Anyway, you get the gist. There's a whole new animal world I'm learning about. So after some hoof cleaning and general rubbing down of this animal, we go out on a ride. Not your standard ride on the path but a ride wherever we want. Through fields, streams, trees. Whatever. And above us for some of the time was an incredible hawk that seemed to be eyeing us as much as we were eyeing him. The deep blue sky making a perfect backdrop for his glides though the aviary world.
Back to the ranch to cool the horses down and then back to a friend's to cook up some chow. (gotta say chow after riding a horse) After eating, as we are sitting enjoying the beautiful sunset, out of the woods not 50 yards away is an elk the size I've never seen with a rack on it that was impressive. I'm easily impressed with large racks though. So what's the difference between a elk and a moose? It was explained to me that an elk is like a deer on steroids, and a moose is like an elk on steroids. Pretty interesting visual but you get it right? Then off to see the Hawks win it all in the last minute and a half.
Phew, so that was all in a day!! Bring on tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment