Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Bday

Well 4th of July came and went with plenty of fun and frivolity.  Wednesday had started like any other when I met a friend for a beer.  He was going to see Moe.  A band I had heard of but never seen.  Wasn't interested.........until....he told me it was his favorite band and he had seen them over 50 times.  Well, me, being the music fan I am said WTF, might as well check 'em out at the Boulder Theater.   Glad I did.  They could bring it that's for sure.  And a light show that rocked.  Of course, my thursday meant laying around nursing the hangover from the night before but was able to rally to see the fireworks from Flagstaff Mountain just a short walk up the hill from my house.  Was cool watching people hike up the trail at night with flashlights.  Looked like Ewoks.  Friday brought more fun in Ned as the house/dog sitting continued.  Saturday went to Winter Park to camp and see a free concert by Leftover Salmon.  A lot of happy people there and the Rocky Mountain high was evident.  After a night of camping the trip home brought me through Rocky Mountain National Park.   if you ever get the chance to drive through, TAKE IT.  Absolutely beautiful country with lot's of moose sightings, marmots, eagles, and altitude!!!  Made for a perfect ending to a perfect long weekend.  What will this week bring?  Who knows but it's gonna rock!!

No comments: