Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sounds of Silence

Incredible walk today. The mountains are such a beautiful place to take stock, meditate, and view the beauty around us. My early morning walk today was overly peaceful. The only sounds I heard were the birds chattering to each other about what a beautiful day it is and how wonderful it is to be alive. The only other sounds I heard were my footsteps and I realized that they sounded too loud to me. It seemed like I was intruding on nature. I sat, closed my eyes, and listened. It's amazing how much you hear when you truly listen. There is nothing like solitude to get in touch with oneself.

Tomorrow is coming up too soon. We find out what's in store for my bro'. I can't thank you enough for your support through this difficult time. The letters that were written may or may not help, but the outpouring of love and the shear amount of letters is mind boggling. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

No comments: