Saturday, June 12, 2010

Catching up









Phew. What a week it's been. Started out last Sunday at the Chalk Art Festival in Downtown Denver.

Monday I was informed that I could move into my new digs. It's a beautiful lower unit of an old Victorian home 10 minutes walking distance to Pearl Street, 10 minutes walk to the CU shopping area, and five minutes walk to the trail head. I couldn't be happier with the place and although I just have a bed, dresser, small table, some dishes, and a rocking chair, this place has HUGE potential. Stay tuned for pics of the grounds that are just amazing. It is soooo serene and meditative, that I never want to leave.

However, had to get out the first day and check out the new trail. This entire place has a really good vibe to it. You can be around people when you want but also have serenity when needed. I'm not sure if it's my attitude or the place but I am meeting some incredible people with a really good outlook on life. Soooo different then what the island has become. I feel like a butterfly that has finally been able to spread its wings.

So, enough of the philosophizing. The rest of the week was work related and getting ready for our open house which was a huge success. People from the neighborhood came by to see what we're all about. We had live music, free chair massage, and of course the obligatory wine and cheese. It was so successful we will probably do them every couple weeks.

And got good news from a couple Tucsonans that have promised to visit. My July and August are going to full of visitors and I can't wait to show them around. What a week it's been and I can't wait to wake up tomorrow to see what it brings!! My energy is amazing. My smile is back and my laughter is loud.

1 comment:

Jada said...

When can we visit :)??