
Sometimes in the day to day life down here, I forget where I live. Well, the last two days have rekindled why I love it here. Woke up on Sunday to a perfect balmy day with high clouds in the sky. Walking Long Bay along with the dogs, watching the fish as they swam, the birds as the dived, the sun sparkling off the sea. It all brought back the beauty of life in general. Today, a much needed day off. Planned on getting a bunch of errands done, but my body told me I needed a vacation day, so that's what I did. Lunch at Straw Hat, snorkel Long Bay, and then napping on the deserted beach. Ahhh, to be a tourist again.
Been thinking a lot about Merlzy. Getting really close to having to put her down. Just can't get myself to do it. She still loves to see me. Doesn't poop in the house. Goes to the beach with me. But she just doesn't have the same zest for life. Argh. Why are these decisions so hard? Some people close to me have said it's time, but then others say no. I'm leaning towards the ones that say no!! At this point, as soon as it's right in my mind, it will be time. Because of this decision I started reading a great book. "The Art of Racing in the Rain". Highly recommended. A story told through a dogs eyes, which tells us a lot about ourselves.
Stay tuned as I will be looking for support when the time comes.

No comments:
Post a Comment