What an incredible weekend.
The deserted island is back. Went to Mead's Bay on Saturday. The beach is about a mile long from one end to the other. Not a single person on it. Merlzy and I walked to the end, turned around and saw our footprints all the way back. We were the only ones on the beach. Kind of felt like Tom Hanks in Castaway. Started to try to figure out how I would eat etc. Hmmm. When I got back to the end of the bay, I picked up my snorkel and fins and went out to see what I could see, sea, see. Absolutely the clearest I have ever seen it here. I missed my spear gun though. I saw a lot of local fish that could have made a nice supper. I told them to go hide cuz I was comin' back for 'em. So next week, dinner is on me!!
Headed off to SXM with my best friend on Sunday to see what island life is like over there. Sundays are wonderful there too. No traffic, people chillin' on the beach. A couple margy's, a couple beers, frolicking in the H2O, smiles, laughter, and sparkles in everyone's eyes. Really enjoyed it. So different from AXA. Need a change of pace from the usual Sunday haunts. Then it was back to AXA for pizza and a movie to end the weekend. Oops, forgot the movie. That's okay, found something better to do anyway. Now I can't wait for next weekend again.
AXA is sooooo quiet now. It's actually the way I remember it from 15 years ago. Love it. Now I just need to figure out a way to make a living besides coffee. Any ideas are appreciated. First good one gets a free panini.
Hey, check out this site. Great ideas and the writing is wonderful.
http://betterwithbutter.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out and glad to hear you like the food--try the no-knead bread--so easy and soooo good! Can't wait to be in Anguilla!!!
Post a Comment