Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm Baaaaacccckkkkk

Both literally and figuratively. Literally meaning just back from St. Barts on the weekend. What a lovely, quaint, cute, french island. Everything that Anguilla isn't in terms of people (mostly white, French), and attitude, (mostly friendly and down to earth). Of course, more snorkeling, frolicking and generally just acting like a crumb. :) Okay, now to the figuratively part. Those that know me, know I had been in a funk for about 8 months. Cafe opening, relationship stuff, shitty economy, general malaise I guess. Well, the trip to the states helped me immensely. Thank you to all that helped me through the hard times. It must show in my face and attitude because so many people have commented on how different I look. (Younger?) One even asked if I had had a face lift. OMG!! So I got back at her and suggested maybe she had had a boob job!! Touche'. Seriously, the dark cloud that has been me is gone and I am my old self. Smiling, laughing, and living life again.

On the celebrity front, Chris Webber was in with his fiance the other day. What a great guy. Does a lot of great community service. Stud basketball player in the NBA but maybe best known for calling the infamous timeout. Of which there were none left. Shit, I hate when that happens.

Off to the states for mi madre's bday. I'd tell how old but she'd absolutely KILL me if I did. Let's just say 29 and leave it at that. So anybody reading this (hmmm. IS anybody reading this?), if you see her, give her a happy bday hug, kiss, or email. I love you, Ma.

1 comment:

Jada said...

Glad to hear your out of your funk! The fun is over for me starting monday--got a full time job! It's exciting but no more total freedom!