Friday, January 30, 2009

Sad, hurt, angry.

Hard to put into words my feelings. Not sure if this is the time and/or place. I am truly saddened today. I sort of "lost" some of my best friends this past week. As some of you may or may not be aware, there have been numerous senseless robberies on the island of restaurants after hours. In many cases, no money was even taken since these restaurants do mostly credit card sales. The entire restaurant community has been more vigilant and looking after each other. Well, Monday night it hit close to home. My partners were viciously attacked and beaten. No words were spoken. If the robbers would have asked, they would have gladly given them money or anything they wanted. But they didn't. Jerry sustained some serious head wounds with a sharp instrument, and Carrie was beaten with a rock. The restaurant will be closed until Monday. I closed the cafe for two days as well to tend to them and their business. I also had to clean up what was obviously a terrorizing time for them. It is something I will remember forever. For those of you who know them, you know that there was nobody that loved this island more then them. Nobody had more joy for life then Carrie. They are gradually trying to get their life back together but it will take a lot of time. Today, when I saw Carrie I told her I can't wait to see the sparkle in her eyes again.

The good that has come out of it is the community has pulled together like never before. The police WILL find these guys!! There have been so many well wishers and people that are concerned that it has renewed my faith and spirit in the good in people. Please send a prayer out to them, hug someone tightly and make sure you tell someone you love them. Life is too fragile.

I love you all.

1 comment:

Luis Portugal said...

Hello
It has a nice blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from my country, Portugal