Friday, January 9, 2009

Settling in

Things have definitely settled down around here. J&D left, a lot of the tourists are gone, and the island is going back to the expats and locals again. I'm feeling a lot more comfortable at the Cafe and actually getting out of here every once in awhile at 5 PM and able to catch a sunset with Merle on the beach. Small world though. Guy came in yesterday that lives in my home town and just bought a house in Deanna's hometown. Right behind him waiting for takeout is a girl from the town right next door to where I grew up. It was great to reminisce about old time in the hood.

Looking forward to Sunday as usual, although this Sunday, weather permitting, I'm heading out to go sailing. Haven't done it since being a kid, but they say it's like riding a bicycle. Just hoping my head doesn't get hit too many times.

Steady Al heading down next week, so I better stock up on beer. After that, have some other visitors coming in February. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Always fun to have guests.

No comments: