Monday, December 22, 2008

Music to soothe the savage beast

Funny how things work down here. Went down Wednesday to Elvis' to have an after work appertif, ran into an acquaintance of mine. We got to chatting and I told him I'm thinking of having music at The Cafe on Saturdays. I told him I wanted music unplugged. Just someone canoodling on a guitar. He asked me who I had in mind and I told him.......HIM!! He was astounded and flattered. He said he would come over on Friday to check it out, see what the acoustics were like, etc. Sure enough, he showed up, guitar in tow and proceeded to play for about 2.5 hours. Dylan, Buffet, Eagles, Beatles, even a little Zep. Somehow word got out and we had a very nice crowd within an hour. Had our best day ever and people all told me how they enjoyed getting away from the rat race, (if there is such a thing on this island), taking a respite from the tourists, and just limin' away the day. The vibe was exactly what I have been looking for since opening day. He has to go off island for a few weeks, but has promised to do a regular Saturday afternoon gig here. Looking forward to it and now all you who visit need to put Saturday afternoon at The Cafe, on your list of things to do.

2 comments:

lefobserver said...

HI FROM GREECE
PLEASE
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF ANGOUILA AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
http://lefobserver.blogspot.com/

Bisbeeboy66 said...

Sounds like everything is great so far. Its good to see that you are a member in good standing with the "frat." You probably have always supported them but now it is good business to do so. I was wondering if you would like to swap lives for about a month or so? You may have to cut your hair--or maybe you can do some undercover work so you won't have to alter your appearance. Nobody would ever suspect you as a "Fed."