Monday, December 15, 2008

Frat boy

Yep, after all these years, it appears I have finally joined a fraternity. Seems like every restaurant or bar I go into, the owners/managers, treat me different. We are all in the "what the hell were we thinking when we decided to go into the service industry" fraternity. All in all, it's a great fraternity to be in. Saturday went over to Picante since I was craving some Mexican food. Theron and Chloe both have been by my place and I wanted to reciprocate. Obviously, Theron being Theron, started with the shots. I guess that was my welcoming into the frat network. In walks Brett, another bar owner, and proceeds to buy some more shots. Toast were given all around to the new cafe and wishes for the best of luck. Great times, great friends, and here's wishing we all do well.

First couple weeks have been beyond expectations. Most of the island lives for the xmas holidays but since a large percentage of my business is expats/locals, it will be interesting to see how things shake out in the next couple weeks. Many of those locals are planning on being off island for the holidays.

Already looking at costs to expand the seating area. One of the drawbacks now is not enough seating in the garden so we have been using the upstairs for overflow.

Tonight is round two of Mojito Monday's. Always a good time with people unwinding for the day. Supposed to be from 3-6, but last time, people hung til 7:30.

Will probably start an acoustic Saturday from 2-4. We have a really nice group of people that come and hang out and some soft live background music might be just the ticket. Also have plans for some other events, but too early to even let on what those might be.

Yesterday was another Sunday on Anguilla, limin' with Turvin and Pacey at Gwen's. They took Merlzy for a long walk on the beach and I was able to enjoy Gwen's incredible Chicken salad and rum punch. I still haven't found anything better or more relaxing then Sunday's down here.

No comments: