Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Not too shabby

Went down to see the sunset last night at Sand Bar.  Seeing J & D was great as they told me how much they love living in my house, how they have fixed up the yard, neighborhood is great, and oh, by the way, there's a  plumbing problem.  WHAT!!  No worries, they have a plumber that can fix it.  Can't really complain since I have had really no problems at the house since I started renting it.  Fingers crossed it's not something really bad.  

Down to Shoal Bay for a swim and lo and behold meet up with an old friend that was visiting.  Didn't know she was here but for some reason she knew I was.  What the hell?  Only been here a few days and people know I'm back.  Small island indeed.  Don't know if I should feel bad about the fact that my quiet, restful, contemplative, lifestyle is already being tread upon, or be happy that people care enough that they are excited to see me.  I'll choose the latter.

Helped J & C close up the restaurant for the season.  Basically just putting everything away in case a hurricane should happen to hit while they are away and I am in charge.  Oh, and Neal would you like about 6 fresh lobsters and bunch of steaks?  They'll go bad otherwise.  So tonight, it was surf and turf complements of my house sitting employers.  Downed it with a few heiny's and life is good. 

Ahh, tomorrow's another day.  Can't wait to wake up, walk Apple, the dog, to the beach, do my usual morning swim, and wait for the world to unfold before me again.  Never know what's gonna happen but I know it's gonna be interesting.  



No comments: