So I go to work on Friday morning, beautiful fall day. Sunny, crisp, never ending blue skies, gorgeous. I leave work at 8PM and it is friggin' FREEZING!! OMG, what the hell happened. Winter blew in. I had on long pants and a sweat shirt. Remember, this is from a guy that hasn't spent a winter in over over 35 years. I've been in them for a few short days but an entire winter?
Now the yang. Fall!! I haven't seen colors like this in years. All the leaves are changing, the grass is a beautiful golden brown, the mountains are a riot of colors, the sky seems endless, the nights are perfectly clear with stars glimmering like, well, like snowflakes, is one thing that comes to mind. And with all the bitching about the cold, I can't wait to sit bundled up on a snow covered mountain top somewhere with a glass of wine in my hand, the sun beating on me, and catch those snowflakes on my tongue. And think of spring right around the corner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment