Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zzzzzzzz.

Someone wake me up when business picks up. Yep, the economy has finally hit here. Or I should say lack of economy. Even though I don't rely on the tourists that much, most of my guests do in some form. So the people that were coming in 3x a week are down to maybe once a week. The island is absolutely dead. No cars on the road, not many at the beaches, just quiet and peaceful. It would be absolutely lovely if so many people weren't in such dire straights. But I'm not telling anyone anything we all don't know already. The world as we know it has changed. Will it ever be back to what it was? Is this simpler life a better life in the long run? Do we really need gas guzzling cars, 5000 square foot houses, yachts? Give me a beach and a cold cerveza and I'm fine. Of course a couple bucks in my pocket wouldn't be bad.

Although my original intent was to close in August, I have revised that plan and am going to take an extended vacation starting July 4th until September 1st. Looks like a lot of work around the house is in store for me.

No comments: