Friday, September 17, 2010
Fall
I figured out that the last time I spent a winter was when I was 18 in Chicago. Am I looking forward to it? Well, sort of. It will be fun and I know it will get COLD, but this foreplay is the best. The leaves are starting to change color, there is a briskness in the air, sleeping in the cool night with a blanket is heaven, and sitting in the backyard with my coffee and a blankie wrapped around me in the morning is bliss. Even the birds and squirrels seem to be cheerful, happy, singing and chirping (or whatever it's called that squirrels do). So I talk back to them. Am I Dr. Doolittle? I'm sure my neighbors think I'm crazy and who's to say I'm not!! Are crazy people the last to know? Anyone out there that can answer that? Ahh, but that's the conundrum. If you know the answer, what does that say about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Mmmm I LOVE autumn.... where have you been where you've missed the seasons?
Thought you might be interested in mine. I have a collaborative blog - http://DysfunctionalBeginnings.com/. About growing up, beginnings in general, told in a variety of formats (literary, nonfiction, fiction, poetry, new media). Let me know what you think :)
Would love if you'd contribute! let me know..
ahhhh sounds great....cool weather foreplay. Wish I was there with you,wrapped up in a blanket, watching the squirrels do whatever they do. Missing you from the other side of the world.
Post a Comment