Sunday, April 4, 2010

R.I.P Merle


The day finally came for Merle. She is in a much happier place. Me, too. After more then a month of deciding what to do with Merle, I did the right thing for both of us. It's never easy to do and I don't like playing God, but the passing of Merle has been cathartic for me. The day was extremely emotional for me and I can't thank C enough for being there with me.

I brought Merle home with me and buried her under the beautiful flamboyant tree, along with her ever present tennis ball. It took me almost a week of reflection, sadness, and grief, but I realized that although I was literally burying Merle, I was figuratively burying a part of my past and ready to move on to the next relationship and adventure.

Stay tuned. Tee hee. It's gonna be a blast!!

1 comment:

Jada said...

This post made me cry : (. But I know Merle is in a better place. She was such a good dog and we will miss her so much. Hard to believe she won't be there when we come next...